1940's Dr. Joseph Tiffin, an industrial psychologist, and his research team evaluated four million workers to establish job vision standards for six major occupational categories.
1946 Army Industrial Hygiene Laboratory (AIHL), located at Edgewood Arsenal, Maryland, initiated occupational vision programs at various depots and arsenals.
1950's Occupational Vision Program was directed toward 90,000 federal civilian employees at 19 Army installations.
1960 Environmental health activities added to the occupational health mission of AIHL and created the US Army Environmental Hygiene Agency (AEHA).
1971 Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act) became law and mandated the employer provide a safe and healthful workplace. This resulted in military provision of eye protection for all employees working in eye-hazardous areas.
1991 Army Vision Conservation Program developed.
1993 Defense Vision Conservation Program developed.
1994 AEHA reengineered into the US Army Center for Health Promotion and Preventive Medicine (USACHPPM).
1996 Tri-Service Vision Conservation Office (TSVCO) established.
1997 Tri-Service Vision Conservation and Readiness Program (TSVCRP) established.
2009 Select missions from the US Army Center for Health Promotion and Preventive Medicine (USACHPPM) and the US Army Veterinary Command (VETCOM) are combined into the *NEW* US Army Public Health Command - Provisional (USAPHC - P).
2011 The US Army Public Health Command becomes fully operational.
||AIPH Tri-Service Vision Conservation and Readiness Program |
US Army Public Health Command (USAPHC)
Army Institute of Public Health (AIPH)
Tri-Service Vision Conservation and Readiness Program (63)
5158 Blackhawk Road
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21010-5403