The mission of this program is to provide Nonionizing Radiation Protection services which protect Soldiers, those who support the Soldier, and the general public from nonionizing radiation hazards in tactical, testing, training, and maintenance environments.
- Evaluate all Army materiel capable of generating nonionizing radiation.
- Conduct installation and site surveys to assist commanders in developing and maintaining an effective Nonionizing Radiation Protection Program.
- Investigate all incidents of suspected overexposure to nonionizing radiation.
- Provide representatives for the DoD Transmitted Electromagnetic Radiation Protection Working Group and the Laser System Safety Working Group.
- Assist with developing national and international standards for exposure to nonionizing radiation.
- Provide customized training to personnel responsible for implementing and maintaining Nonionizing Radiation Protection Programs.
- Develop and review regulations, technical bulletins, and information papers that address criteria for human exposure to nonionizing radiation.