NOTE: As of 14 September 2015, PHCR-South has transitioned to the Regional Health Command - Central (Provisional). The information here is provided as a courtesy and may not be up-to-date.
Provide subject matter expertise to military leaders, facility managers, and occupational health and safety personnel to ensure a safe work environment for the Army’s war fighters and their families, and support soldier readiness, injury prevention, and population protection for the Army – Active, Reserve, and National Guard.
- Indoor Air Quality Assessment: Conduct workplace evaluations to ensure occupational health hazards are anticipated, recognized, evaluated, and controlled. Ensure compliance with applicable Federal, state laws, and codified regulations.
- Physical and Chemical Hazard Exposure Monitoring: Prevent and control occupational injuries and illnesses by conducting personal monitoring, air sampling, ventilation studies, noise dosimetry, ergonomic evaluations, heat/cold stress analysis, and identifying personal protective equipment. Develop and implement practical solutions to mitigate occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Industrial Hygiene Program Assistance: Assisting occupational health and safety professionals in resource allocation and management. Ensure that all federally mandated health and safety programs are executed in compliance with federal regulations.
- Deployed Environmental Health Monitoring: Focus on deployment health and the prevention of disease, controlling deployment-related exposure to environmental and occupational hazards, global surveillance, individual medical readiness, and health risk assessment and management.
- Defense Occupational and Environmental Health Readiness System (DOEHRS) Support and Training:Training and support provided for the Department of Defense DOEHRS database. Database contains exposure data and documents activities ranging from peacetime fixed facilities to military field deployments and exposures ranging from repetitive industrial maintenance operations to one-time exposures to ambient chemical, biological, and physical stresses. Database contains a history of individual worker pre-deployment, deployment, and post-deployment exposures.