Welcome to the U. S. Army Public Health Command Region - West (PHCR-West). Our absolute top priority is to provide you with timely, relevant, and superior quality service and support for your preventive medicine and health promotion needs. Our entire staff is here for you. Please call me or any of my staff personally at (253) 968-5528 or DSN 782-5528.
Our mission is to enhance readiness by providing health promotion and preventive medicine leadership and services to identify, assess and counter environmental, occupational and disease threats to the health, fitness, and readiness in support of the National Military Strategy. From Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington, we provide preventive medicine and health promotion support to individual Soldiers, their Family Members, Department of Defense civilian employees, deploying operational units, and military installations within a 19-state region in the Western United States.
Our vision is to be the world class center of excellence in the Western United States for the systematic prevention of environmental and occupational disease threats and injuries, and to protect and enhance the health and performance of individuals and populations.
We strive to attain our vision through five core competencies:
- Prevent and Control Diseases & Injuries of Military Significance
- Promote Health & Well-being in Military Populations
- Anticipate, Identify, Assess, and Control Occupational & Environmental Health Hazards
- Conduct Advanced & Sustainment Preventive Medicine Training
- Disseminate and Communicate targeted Health Information