Animal Medicine topics are an integral part of USAPHC’s public health mission and affect DoD personnel’s daily lives – Military Working Dogs protection during deployment, zoonotic diseases such as rabies, and animal diseases of military interest or significance such as foot and mouth disease (FMD). Animal Medicine topics also impact DoD families' daily lives, which includes animal family members.
The Animal Medicine pages contain information on:
- Animal Disease and Zoonoses
- Animal Operations in Support of Other Agencies
- Veterinary Treatment Facility Operations
- Animal Import/Export Requirements
- Veterinary Medical Standardization Board (VMSB)
- Veterinary Services Central Fund (VSCF)
- Veterinary Treatment Facility Interactive Map
- Working Animals
Questions regarding Animal Medicine may be directed to U.S. Army Public Health Command (USAPHC), Army Institute of Public Health (AIPH), Veterinary Services Portfolio, Clinical Veterinary Medicine Program, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland.