The Laboratory Sciences’ (LS) Quality Policy is the foundation upon which LS’ past and future success has and will continue to be achieved and is an accurate representation of top management’s vision, strategy, and commitment to Quality.
The purpose of the Quality Management System (QMS), that encompasses all aspects of the ISO / IEC 17025:2005, ISO 9001:2008, and ISO 14001:2004 Standards, is to provide a defined Quality framework for all LS employees to work within that highlights their relevance and importance in the system and organization, guides them in their daily work-related duties and decision-making, and defines ethical rules and boundaries. This type of management system creates an open and honest work environment that promotes trust in the QMS and the Management Review Team (MRT) and is flexible enough to allow growth through implementation of identified Opportunities for Improvement (OFI).
The LS MRT is fully committed to the achievement of the following goals:
- The highest ethical and professional practices by all LS Staff.
- The best level of quality in testing as required by our customers.
- Excellent customer service.
- Continual improvement of the effectiveness of the Quality System.
- Compliance with the requirements of ISO / IEC 17025, ISO 9001, and ISO 14001 Standards, as well as those of applicable accrediting, regulatory, and / or legal bodies.
With these goals in mind, the MRT has defined the following Quality Objectives for LS Staff:
Produce quality analytical data by:
- Maintaining qualified, competent well-trained staff through external and internal training opportunities.
- Monitoring laboratory performance through data review and validation, equipment maintenance and verification, and the Quality Control (QC) and Proficiency Test (PT) programs.
- The continuous review of the QMS to identify areas for improvement with Quality System Review (QSR) and Management Review Team (MRT) meetings, internal and external audits, and corrective and preventive actions.
Provide excellent service to our customers by:
- Carefully selecting our contractors and vendors to provide quality supplies and laboratory information.
- Carefully planning our work and services to meet specified requirements, Data Quality Objectives (DQOs), and / or Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for projects, products, or contracts.
- Seeking feedback from our customers on how we can improve our service to them through customer surveys, meetings, or telephone consults, and providing feedback and follow-up to them.
- Assisting each other to go above and beyond in all aspects of our work in order to delight the customer.
- Looking for innovative solutions and promoting technological advancements.
All LS personnel are required to be thoroughly familiar with the necessary QMS documentation and to fully implement the quality policies and procedures in every aspect of their work.
This policy shall be reviewed by the MRT on an annual basis, or as required for continuing suitability.
The Quality Policy statement is issued under the authority of the LS Laboratory and Technical Director (chief executive).