Industrial Work Environments: Firefighting (1.5hrs)
Industrial Hygiene and OHS professionals
AVAILABLEONILINE at https://aiph-dohs.ellc.learn.army.mil
This course is self enrollment and self paced. The lecture has embedded multiple attempt knowledge checks. Passing score is 70%.
The purpose of this course is to provide a basic awareness of the different welding processes Occupational Health and Safety Professionals might encounter when inspecting/surveying worksites. Lessons provide explanations of basic protective fire services terms, descriptions of firefighting processes, a summary of hazards, illustrations of control measures, lists of applicable OSHA and other standards, and descriptions of sampling methods.
After completing this training, the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of stressors by recognizing common types of firefighting processes and equipment.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of stressors by recognizing hazards associated with firefighting processes.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of how to use the DoD 8-Step Exposure Assessment Model Basic Characterization Step by recognizing commonly found controls.
4. Demonstrate knowledge of how to use the DoD 8-Step Exposure Assessment Model Basic Characterization Step by stating the applicable OSHA and other standards.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of how to use the DoD 8-Step Exposure Assessment Model Characterize Exposures Step by describing typical evaluation techniques (sampling and workplace monitoring plans).
6. Demonstrate knowledge of how to use the DoD 8-Step Exposure Assessment Model Reporting/Recording Step by describing typical findings and recommendations (controls and medical surveillance).
7. Demonstrate knowledge of how to use the DoD 8-Step Exposure Assessment Model Reporting/Recording Step by describing how this data is entered/tracked using DOEHRS-IH.
|There are no sessions scheduled at this time. Please check back later.
If no classes are available or fit your schedule... You can help us by letting us know you are interested in this course. Use the link below to provide us with the necessary information.
Email Question to Course Director