This online module is designed to teach IH program management and professional ethics. The module is recommended for all CP12 careerists and hygienists.
Location: Blackboard Learning site: https://aiph-dohs.ellc.learn.army.mil
This online module is provided using Blackboard and is designed to provide participants with a description of the ethical issues industrial hygienists need to consider when performing their duties. This module is designed for industrial hygiene, occupational health and safety professionals.
You will need speakers or headphones to hear the audio. Slide Deck notes pages will be available on Blackboard. You may wish to print these and have them available during the videos. Bring materials to take notes (pens, pencils, highlighter, self-stick tabs, etc.) A scientific calculator may be required.
CERTIFICATES, CEUs & POINTS:
Certificates are issued to students who achieve a passing score. Attendance of all online module sections is required in order to receive a certificate for the module. ABIH provides CM points for this module to those who are eligible. CEUs are issued by Career Program 12 for this module to those who meet all passing requirements.
The Army IH Competency supported by this class
IH PROGRAM/PROJECT MANAGEMENT
The Technical Learning Objectives of the above IH Competency
1. Describe methods to acquire, allocate, and control resources to accomplish anticipation, recognition, evaluation and control
of workplace hazards in an effective and efficient manner.
2. Apply principles of cost-benefit analysis.
3. Apply principles of auditing.
4. Apply principles of investigation methods
5. Apply principles of data management and integration.
6. Apply principles of establishment of policies.
7. Apply principles of planning.
8. Apply principles of delegation of authority.
9. Apply principles of accountability.
10. Apply principles of business acumen.-
11. Apply principles of risk communication.
12. Apply principles of organizational structure and culture.
13. Apply principles of decision making.
This Blackboard Learn self-development course supports the industrial hygiene program/project management competency by discussing IH program management and professional ethics. The module was recommended for all CP12 careerists and hygienists.
Upon completion of this class the participants will be able to:
1. Identify Army Regulations for Ethical Conduct.
2. Explain the Industrial Hygiene Code of Ethics.
3. Describe several case studies involving IH ethics.
This is a BASIC level course.