We conduct operational reviews of hazardous and medical waste and materials management procedures. These reviews examine current operations to see if they impose any undue risks to health or the environment and comply with Federal, State, local or DoD regulations.
Environmental Management System
- EMS Audits - Evaluation of the management system to minimize the impact of military activities on the environment, public health, and mission accomplishment.
- EMS Management Plans - Review and develop site specific EMS Management Plans identifying environmental aspects and establishing goals to minimize their impacts.
- Environmental Program Assessment System Support - APHC personnel participate in this IMCOM program to evaluate and minimize the impact to public health from environmental hazards at military sites and installations.
- Command Logistics Review Program Support - Required by AR 11-1 and MEDCOM Pam 700-1, APHC personnel participate in these MEDCOM visits and provide training to personnel to properly identify, handle and dispose of hazardous and medical wastes to prevent or minimize the risk of injuries and protect public health.
Pollution Prevention Support
- Waste Minimization - We can provide guidance and on-site support to deployed military, installation, and medical facility personnel in their efforts to minimize waste generation and hazardous material usage.
- Opportunity Assessments - Develop site specific Pollution Prevention Plans to facilitate compliance with AR 200-1 requirements to review and conduct multi-media pollution prevention opportunity assessments.
- Waste Management Assistance Visits - APHC provides this service to allow personnel to train MEDCOM personnel to properly identify, handle and dispose of hazardous and medical wastes to prevent or minimize risk of injuries and protect public health.
- Customer Requested Fact Sheets - We prepare detailed instructions/fact sheets for specific areas of concern related to the impact of waste management on public health.
- Management Plans - Review and develop site specific Hazardous Waste and Regulated Medical Waste Management Plans in conjunction with installation personnel to facilitate compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Review and update hazardous waste permits
- Technical consultative services - We provide guidance and on-site support to deployed and CONUS military personnel on issues dealing with the characterization, collection, storage, management, and disposal of hazardous and medical waste.