Starting an Ergo program in your Region/Installation
As outlined in DA PAM 40-21, each Army installation is required to have an ergonomics program. We want to make that process as smooth as possible for you. Whether you are just starting out or want to improve or assess your current program we can provide a variety of services:
- On-site assistance developing a comprehensive brief for your command to help you gain program support.
- Guidance in assessing your installation and developing the installation subcommittee.
- Facilitation of meetings with subcommittee to discuss current program status, develop an action plan and timeframe for progress.
- Assistance in developing your installation's ergonomic policy.
- A formal periodic status assessment. Additional assistance can be provided at this time and as needed.
The following is from DoD Instruction 6055.1, "DoD Occupational Safety and Health Program" :
DoD ERGONOMIC PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES
E6.1.1. Written Plan. Each DoD Component shall prepare a written plan for a comprehensive ergonomic program. As a minimum, such programs will include goals and objectives; program interface with existing illness and injury prevention and medical programs; and the six critical elements for ergonomic intervention:
The degree of emphasis in each critical element will vary according to the specific hazards and concerns at each DoD installation.
We are experts in these six critical areas and can assist in writing your plan. Please contact us for more information and to schedule an appointment.