Health System that maximizes health promotion and wellness services' impact on global Force fitness.
The mission of Health Promotion and Wellness is to advocate for global force fitness through strategically developing, integrating, standardizing and evaluating health promotion and wellness services within the Army public health system.
Collaboration and integration at the local, DA, and DOD levels to standardize health promotion and public health efforts into the total Army by:
- Army Wellness Center standardization
- Army Health Promotion Officer management
- Comprehensive program evaluations & feasibility assessments
- Qualitative and quantitative data consultation/analysis
- Integrated Health Education Training/Resources
SME to support the Army Resiliency Directorate for the Ready and Resilient Campaign, National Prevention Strategy; Healthy Base Initiative; AMEDD 2020; TSG's Performance Triad; and Installation HPW Efforts.
HOW WE DO THIS
- Develop and disseminate standardized, evidence-based health promotion and wellness programs and tools.
- Develop key, science-based metrics to measure program impact and effectiveness.
- Use program evaluation methods to determine efficient and effective health promotion techniques and systems.
- Advocate for health promotion policy implementation and policy change.
- Develop partnerships and collaborations with other military and civilian organizations.
- Provide subject matter expert consultation, education, and training for health professionals and military leaders.
HPW SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTISE
|Alcohol and Substance Abuse||Nutrition|
|Army Wellness Centers||Performance TRIAD|
|Army Health Promotion Course: Charting the Course to a Healthier Force||Physical Fitness|
|Army Pregnancy/Postpartum Physical Training Program||Program Evaluation|
|Clinical Preventive Services||Public Health|
|Combat/Operational Stress Control||Ready and Resilient Campaign|
|Community Health Promotion Councils||Reserve Component Issues|
|Community Nutrition||Sexual Responsibility|
|Community Needs Assessment||Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)|
|Community Resource Guides||Spiritual Health|
|Dietary Supplements||Suicide Prevention|
|Dental Readiness/Oral Health||Stress Management|
|Health Status/Health Effects Measurement||Tobacco Cessation|
|Health-related Outcomes Research||Weight Management|
|Healthy Base Initiative||Worksite Wellness/Civilian Fitness|