NOTE: PHCR-South has merged with other Public Health Commands.
- Technical services are now aligned under Public Health Command-Central (Provisional).
- Fort Gordon district transitioned to Public Health Command-Atlantic (Provisional).
- The information here is provided as a courtesy and may not be up-to-date.
Public Health Command Region-South provides public health leadership & evidence-based preventive medicine programs & veterinary services to optimize health of military units,installation personnel, & animals within 11 southeastern states, the Caribbean & Central America.
· We provide Public Health Leadership & Evidence Based Public Health Services by identifying, assessing, & countering environmental, occupational disease, & injury threats to health, fitness & readiness.
· We Optimize Health by providing state of the art training, technical assistance, consultation services, laboratory testing, field & installation level evaluations, & veterinary services.
· We Support Soldiers & military retirees, their Families, Department of Army Civilian employees, & Department of Defense (DoD) veterinary services within 11 southeastern states, the Caribbean, & Central America.
Vision: A unified & integrated public health team that provides world-class regional support as part of the public health enterprise.
PHCR-South is located at Fort Sam Houston, TX, as a part of Joint Base San Antonio.