1. Campbell A, Luchman J, Khun J. Spousal support to stay as a predictor of actual retention behavior: a logistic regression analysis. Note No.2017-009. Office of People Analytics. Defense Research, Surveys, and Statistics Center. November 22, 2017
2. Joint Advertising Market Research & Studies. 2018. DoD Active Duty New Recruit Survey. Family History of Military Service.
3. Blue Star Families®. 2018. Annual Military Family Lifestyle Survey 2018 Report. https://bluestarfam.org/survey.
4. Everson, R.B., Darling, C.A., & Herzog, J.R. 2013. Parenting stress among US Army spouses during combat-related deployments: the role of sense of coherence. Child and Family Social Work, 18, 168-178.
5. Meadows, S.O., Beckett, M.K., Bowling, K., Golinelli, D., Fisher, M.P., Martin, L.T., Meredith, L.S., & Osilla, K.O. 2015. Family Resilience in the Military: Definitions, Models, and Policies (RR-470-OSD). RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, CA.
6. Blue Star Families®. 2018. Challenges Facing Our Military Spouses. https://bluestarfam.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/BSF_final_Milspouse_Unemployment_infographic.pdf7 DOD. 2012. Military Spouse Employment Initiative. https://www.ncsl.org/documents/wln/ekringer.pdf
8. U.S. Chamber Foundation. 2017. Hiring Our Heroes. Military Spouses in the Workplace: Understanding the Impacts of Spouse Unemployment on Military Recruitment, Retention, and Readiness.
9. Ridding-Johnston, C. 2010. Building sustainable communities for America’s military families. Economic Development Journal, 9(1), 24-30. https://www.iedconline.org/
10. CEL & Associates, Inc. 2019. Executive Summary of the Headquarters Department of the Army FH Initiative Survey (Owned and Leased) Housing. The Army’s Residential Communities Initiative. Prepared on March 2019.
11. CEL & Associates, Inc. 2019. Summary of the Headquarters Department of the Army Residential Communities Initiative Resident Survey. The Army’s Residential Communities Initiative. Prepared on July 2019.
12. Defense Medical Surveillance System (DMSS). 2017. Demographics of Army Beneficiary Utilizers, January-December 2017.
13. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. 2018. Quality of Care for Children in Medicaid and CHIP: Findings from the 2017 Child Core Set, slide 21.
14. Defense Health Agency. 2018. HEDIS & Disease Condition Prevalence Measures. https://carepoint.health.mil/sites/mhsphp/SitePages/DashboardTableau.aspx
15. Lewy, C.S., Oliver, C.M., & McFarland, B.H. 2014. Barriers to Mental Health Treatment for Military Wives. Psychiatric Services, 65 (9). 1170-1173. doi: 10.1176/appi.ps.201300325