APHC Health Promotion Webinars
These webinars address the key components of
health promotion program development, implementation and evaluation at the installation level as specified in AR 600-63.
Audio-bridge Dial-In Number:
210-249-4234, DSN 421-3272 (OCONUS 312)
Access Code is 83459# BOTH Tuesday and Thursday
Tuesdays 0900-1000 ET and Thursdays 1700-1800 ET
DCS LINK is the same for all webinars:
Webinars have been approved for the following credits as part of the Charting the Course to a Healthier Force course. Credit for individual core sessions is available.
- AMA PRA Category 1 credits for physicians through the Army Continuing Medical Education Office. Register at the US Army MEDCOM Continuing Medical Education Office at
https://education.mods.army.mil/CME/ for Activity 2018-0241 for precourse.
- Certified Health Education Specialists have CPH approved for 24 credits and CECH/CHES are pending the 24 credits.
- 24 CPEs approved for dietitians
- 24 CEUs approved for nurses through the ANC Continuing Nursing Education Program. Register at the ANC Continuing Nursing Education Program at
https://education.mods.army.mil/NursingCNE/ Activity # AR 15-0275 for the core sessions
DATE / TOPIC||
|3 & 5 April 2018|
Health Promotion Program Basics
|- Identify factors that influence health and wellness - List the steps of the health promotion process - Identify and describe health promotion policies that impact public helath programming - Identify key components of the public health process|
10 & 12 April 2018
Who Needs What and Where's the Data?
- Identify key components of a community health needs assessment - Apply a community health assessment - State general requirements for access to most MHS and civilian data systems - Describe various DoD and civilian data sources
17 & 19 April 2018
Keep the Goal in Sight, Part 1
-Demonstrate an effective strategic management process for health promotion - List strategies/ best practices that can be used in the health promotion program planning process to make planning more efficient |
24 & 26 April 2018
Keep the Goal in Sight, Part 2
|- Describe the goal approach to strategic issues - Demonstrate writing effective goals and objectiees for health promtion|
1 & 3 May
Bring in the Targeted Crowd
| - Define health marketing and identify how marketing fits into health promotion planning programming strategies - identify critical components in health marketing - Describe steps used to develop a health promotoin marketing campaign - Identify steps and key data collected in a marketing assessment - Explain the steps to develop a tailored message - List marketing methods of delivery|
8 & 10 May 2018
Implement Programs on a Budget
(Effective Health Promotion Resource Management)
- Complete at least three of these areas of a budget worksheet: personnel, travel, printing, contracts, supplies, equipment - Describe how to complete a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats (SWOT) analysis to assess current resources and capabilities to determine unfinanced requirements - Identify four elements that must be included in the development of an unfinanced requirement (UFR) to justify additional resource needs - Identify two strategies to obtain resources from the Garrison Commander and the Medical Treatment Facility Commander |
15 & 17 May 2018
Create a Logic Model
- Define the terms associated with a Logic Model - Make inferences about a program based on its Logic Model - Explain the role of Logic Models in program planning and evaluation |
22 & 24 May 2018
Make Certain to Evaluate, Part 1
- Articulate the purpose of program evaluation in the public health process - Describe the different types of evaluation and when to utilize each - Describe the various methodological approaches to program evaluation
Credit Designation: CECH credits for Certified Health Education Specialists have been approved, CEUs for nurses and CPEUs for registered dietitians. Recordings available on the CCHF milSuite site, however credit not available for viewing recordings.
More Health Promotion Webinar Resources
Navy and Marine Corps Public Health Center (NMCPHC) Health Promotion and Wellness Webinars
The NMCPHC HPW Department hosts monthly webinars on a diverse range of topics. A panel of presenters highlights innovative and evidence-based programs that facilitate readiness and resilience, prevent illness and injury, hasten recovery and promote lifelong healthy behaviors and lifestyles. Our webinars are approximately one hour long and are conducted online with an accompanying dial-in phone number.
NMCPHC is a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. Unless otherwise noted, all of our webinars are designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) to receive up to 1 Category 1 CECH if viewed during the live presentation.
CHECK OUT THE
TOBACCO CESSATION WEBINARS OFFERED IN SEPTEMBER!