Signs of Insufficient Sleep:
- Struggling to stay awake during mission breaks, guard duty, or driving
- Difficulty understanding or tracking information
- Attention lapses
- Irritability, decreased initiative/motivation
- Falling asleep immediately upon going to bed
- Falling asleep during routine low stimulus activities such as driving
Overcoming Sleep Distractors:
- Nap as much as possible to get 7-8 hours of sleep every 24 hours.
- If tactically permitted, use soft foam earplugs and a sleep mask or room fan to block noise/light.
- Do not use any drugs (prescription or over-the-counter) to help you sleep unless you are taking them under the guidance of your healthcare provider.
LEARN MORE ON THE PERFORMANCE TRIAD WEBSITE