Below is a list of the pages that are included under Vision Conservation and Readiness along with a short description of what is on that page. To go directly to a particular article just click on the hyperlink associated with the page title which is in bold and underlined. Note that there are some titles that list a group of pages and, therefore, are not links. For now, only pages that have been updated and made available will be included here.
To view all of the available pages from any page you can simply scroll down the column of articles to the right. Remember, to see all of the available articles, you need to click on the "More/Less" link in the middle of the column.
Finally, remember that these pages are best viewed full screen. Other sizes will still provide the information but alters the format of the content.
- Information regarding our Program at APHC and how to contract us.
- This is the primary source page for the Tri-Service Vision Conservation and Readiness Program with links to training, resources, data and support.
3. Local Vision Conservation and Readiness Program (VCRP)
- Guidance - Information regarding setting up and maintaining local Vision Conservation and Readiness Programs, reporting requirements and how to get assistance from the Tri-Service Vision Conservation and Readiness Program at the Army Public Health Center.
- Requested Reporting Requirements - Information regarding reporting requirements for local VCR Programs.
- Requirements - Information regarding local VCR Program established requirements based upon related federal, National Consensus Standards, DoD, and Service specific laws, policy, doctrine, instructions and regulations.
- Requirements for Site Surveys and Hazard Assessments -Information regarding requirements for site surveys and hazard assessments and considerations regarding occupational vision when performing one.
- Requirements for Vision Surveillance - Information regarding determining who should be in a local vision surveillance program.
- Resources, Policy and Doctrine - Information regarding the laws, DoD and individual Service policy and other references related to Vision Conservation and Readiness.
- Information regarding the requirements for available medical services and first aid for eye injuries.
- Information on the requirements, types and testing requirements for emergency shower, eye wash stations, and other types of eye irrigation supplies.
- Information regarding the establishment of Vision Readiness in the military and current Service requirements
7. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Eye Protection Overview - Information regarding eye protection requirements at work, civilian and military, and recommendations for at home and during recreation.
- Eye Protection Types - Information regarding the types of eye protection available for use at work, at home and during recreational activities.
- Hazard Assessment For - Tips for utilizing worksite hazard assessments to determine the need and selection of the appropriate PPE
- Military Combat Eye Protection - Information regarding PPE available for military personnel and deploying civilians.
- The report summaries present a quick visual overview of eye injury rate trends across 11 groups of eye injuries by Service with links to AFHSB and MSMR.
- A historical timeline of the Tri-Service Vision Conservation and Readiness Program.
- Information about available Vision Conservation and Readiness instruction.
- VCR Online Training Disclaimer - The online training currently available in not approved for CE credit. To still take it, you must agree to these terms before proceeding.
- Links to vision related information products, cards, posters, fact sheets, the VCR Quarterly newsletter, the Eye Injury Report and other vision related support materials.
- Information regarding laser and other nonionizing radiation hazards as they relate to vision conservation including surveillance and injury requirements.
- Information on what is meant when discussing visual performance optimization.
Back to Top of Page